Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Jackson's Birthday + beginning of August

August started out just right.
We met friends down at El Porto beach.  Jackson became friends real fast with the girls his age.
Pasadena just gets me. The houses, the old buildings, I love it.

I started teaching classes for my friends from church at the park while kids play next to us.  

We had a playdate with little Bree - I tried to play on both sides of the female and male side of crafts meets dinosaurs.  I ended up finishing everything while they played nerf guns.


Jackson wanted a pokemon/shark birthday party so making a cake wasn't too easy to make.

Yeah, so it was edible, I promise.


Driving down to San Clemente with this baby

It was so sweet, it was all Brady's idea to get one of these, set it up and made it all happen.














He was pretty happy to be turning SEVEN

We celebrated Jackson's Birthday a little before he had to go back to Folsom.  School starts early up in Northern California.   He opened up gifts while Brady video taped it all.


One of the gifts we got him was a play-doh dentist kit. 



We rode razors with friends to get ice cream in town.


We had an idea to make s'mores with foil and a box, using the heat, and it worked!




Nightswimming

I love watching Jackson get ready for the day.  He makes sure his hair is perfect. 



We took a short drive to the Griffith Observatory to ride 
the ponies, ride the train and have a picnic with friends.

Then we had some of Jackson's friends over to play and color



Brady got home from work and we took a family bike ride before driving to the airport.  
I remember riding behind them and getting all misty-eyed for thinking my little boy is growing up.  
We said goodbye at the airport - Jackson crying, me holding back tears until he turned his back to me to walk onto the plane.  It was so hard to see him walk away and start school, the first day of school that I, his mother couldn't be apart of.  It pulled at my mommy-strings, just like it would for any mother.





No comments:

Post a Comment