Thursday, October 10, 2013

Florida + Columbus Day Weekend

Brady had an Oral Surgery Conference he is suppose to go to every year, so Brady planned a fun weekend for the whole family.  He picked out the perfect hotel that Jackson would like, with a lazy river, basketball in the pool, a few slides into the pool and other fun things.  I also traded a friend of mine Disney tickets to do her hair so we had three passes to go to the Walt Disney World.

Last minute things had changed and we had to rebook Jackson's flights and we had to go without him due to some unexpected complications.  We were so bummed we couldn't take Jackson to Florida.  He has never been and knew about this trip for months.  We got on a very last minute new flight and headed to Florida with one stop in South Carolina... have I mentioned how much I love the south?  I love the people, how they talk, their amazing BBQ and just the feeling you get in the south.  Poor Brady was such a good sport having me talk to perfect strangers about if they had balcony's around their house or if they sip iced tea on their rocking chairs.  Or if football is really as big as I have heard in the south.  We saw my friend Tracy on a picture at the airport selling jewelry.



The first morning, we went to three different Disney Worlds and by the end of the day, we were exhausted.  Our passes had hopping advantages, so we hopped. The next day Brady went into the conference.  He had a pass for me but booked me a facial at our hotel instead for the morning... such a fun and romantic surprise.  I even think he left me a note next to me sleeping.  After, I met him at the conference center.  We went to a lecture together and one of the surgeries being presented was one Brady was assisting in so you could see his hands in the pictures.  I was so proud of him and he was so humble about it, like he always is.  After we went swimming and enjoyed the night together.  We even ordered dinner into our room which Brady has never done before -- too bad it wasn't that good but fun none-the-less.



We hurried home to pick up Jackson so we could spend the weekend with him.
We went to Costco to grab some camping gear.
We went to Emerald Bay for the day to play at one of my very favorite childhood beaches.  We spent some good amount of hours there together as a family.

 


We went camping on a cliff that overlooks Crystal Cove.  It was so fun to read books with a flashlight, make s'mores and snuggle up.






Jackson makes friends wherever we are. So he mad this one and started playing football with him.














For Columbus Day we made a Christopher Columbus ship and sailed the seas of our pool.  We walked to lunch at the Old Fashioned Soda Fountain Pharmacy.  We played games, Jackson held my hand the whole time and then we did a little craft on our drive to the airport.  I got a text from my friend that her daughter sent that she made a little check of her and Jackson! haha it was pretty cute.  Such a busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment