Saturday, March 15, 2014

March Happenings

Brady and I wanted to try out a new beach, so we went to El Matador.  It smelled like sewage so after gaging and an hour, the smell became livable. We put on sunscreen, at least that's what we thought. We stayed, relaxed and didn't dare to go in the water if the smell was so bad.  It was a pretty beach but nothing beats the beaches I grew up on.  They weren't as crowded, they were private, they were clean, they were easy to get to, they never smelled (well Aliso did sometimes but that wasn't a usual).  I am a beach snob, I'll admit it.  
I rarely know how to relax on the beach. I'm usually chasing Jack, or my friends kids, or surfing, or going in the water with something so sleeping is never easy.  For Brady, he works so much this comes easy.  He wakes up every morning when it's still dark.  


One of my friends introduced me to a place that has 99 cents coconuts. 



The next day I had almost third degree burns on the backs of my legs.  My white body that never sees the sun anymore burns? What the heck.  I truly was out for three days.  I spent the first day practically naked and the second, third day I was able to wear loose clothes.  It was very painful. Brady got burnt but not this bad. 
On Tuesday I got pants over the burn, and taught a class to the YW on how to do their makeup for everyday and for special occasions.  It was a fun night!

Later that week my friend and I wanted to adjust our clothes so we could like them a little bit more.  We sewed all afternoon and came out with three new tops each.  


No comments:

Post a Comment