Tuesday, September 2, 2014

TWINS!!

Brady makes it somehow to every ultrasound except this one.  I was totally okay that he couldn't make it and never expect him to come with his busy schedule.  I went into my OB's appointment ready for my second ultrasound, and then my doctor said, "Oh no! Oh no."  My first instinct was, I hope I'm not going to miscarry again.  He then moves over and shows me the screen.  He said "You're going to have twins!"  Ahh, words cannot even describe what went through my head... thoughts like, I'm dreaming, or no way, this isn't real and things like that.  He checked both heartbeats and they were perfect, hearts looked perfect and all was well.  Since Brady couldn't come, I decided to go over to the hospital to surprise him.  He was in a surgery when I called so I went to his hospital's gift shop and got two pairs of little booties, wrapped them in a bag with two chocolate see's cigars.  He finally came out and I was bursting at the seams with excitement.  

We walked to his car and he asked why I was so giddy.  I just told him how comforting it was to get good news for the first time in a while with a baby.  He then started telling me about things going on at work and I'm begging him to open the bag like a kid wanting candy.  He started to open the bag and saw one pair of booties, and then took out the other one.  He said, "How come there are two pairs?"  I responded with, "Just think about it..." His face had the happiest grin and said, "ARE THERE TWO OF THEM?!!!" We are walking on cloud 9.  We couldn't wait to tell our families right away but wanted to wait to tell Jackson when he was with us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment