Monday, December 15, 2014

big bear + then some

I drove up by myself since Brady had work on Monday and Tuesday, meeting everyone. The place we stay is really nice and fancy, with five bedrooms with five bathrooms, very new so it's a comfortable trip.  The girls all hung out watching the kids and playing in the kids game room while the guys all went snowboarding.

At night we played games... this new one called "Rodney" which was pretty fun. My dad has us go around the room saying something nice about every other person in the room which was really sweet.  After, all of us siblings took Mitch's new Sprinter Mercedes Van into town for dinner at a Himalayan restaurant.  Bananagrams and everyone tasting each other's food is what it was filled with.  We came back to the cabin and had dessert, played more games and had some good family bonding time.

The next day my mom made breakfast and we headed to my friend's huge cabin up the street from where we were to take the kids sledding.  I didn't take many pictures but everyone else did with nicer cameras, so sorry my pictures aren't the best!  It was really fun though making big piles of snow to push them off to go faster.  


































It snowed the whole drive home.  It was so fun!  We went to lunch before I drove my separate way from everyone.

The next day I had to take a good long breather and had to relax.  I get wiped out over not doing too much.  The next day I was still so tired (I found out I'm anemic, explaining why I'm so tired) that I didn't have the energy to get up to feed myself.  I got ready for the doctors and slowly made my way to the car.  I completely spaced that it was my glucose test!  Ah! I had to drink that sunkist nasty stuff on an empty pregnant stomach!  What was I thinking, or rather not thinking?!  I sat for an hour playing games on my ipad while I waited to see the doc.  I'm thankfully not diabetic despite thinking I am since baby girl is measuring big., just anemic like I was with Jackson.
The next day I took it easy again (being on minor bedrest isn't that bad)
and then we met our friends for the Clippers game.  Our sweet friends that live above us couldn't go to the game so they gave us his 4 VIP tickets to the club level with parking passes he gets from his firm.  We had a good time but nothing beats college sports.



No comments:

Post a Comment