Friday, July 18, 2014

// B R A D Y I S T H I R T Y //

Brady was about to turn 30, and I think I was more excited than he was.  We walked over to Menchies and had a little yogurt together the night before he was 3.  We talked about what we were going to do the next day to celebrate so I told him that after work we were going to get dinner, hang out and I would try to get friends together.  He had ideas of maybe going to the Hollywood Bowl.


The next day I hired one of my cute young woman to help me set everything up.  I had been working on his party for a month and hiding the evidence at my neighbor's house above us.  Brady got home from work and I didn't have any decorations at the house.  I told him our dinner reservations were at 6:30 but he came home at 5:30 surprising me! Ah! I didn't know what to do, so I told him he would leave soon, and he fell asleep which helped me get ready more for the party.  My family had all came up, his friends from residency were at the park, friends from our ward.  I put him on a scavenger hunt with clues to each new place all around - like the apartment building our friends lived at, Trader Joes, our mailbox... each had a present for him to open and a clue.  The last clue led us to the park where everyone was.
He was surprised!  I wish I could find all of the pictures my sister took of the party and the decor, but can't find them.  It was baseball themed with lots of pictures of him in the shape of a 30.  It was very mellow and catered by his favorite pizza place.  


After we decided no more surprises for each other.  We will celebrate from now on on a fun trip or something! Deal.
After we came back to our place and he opened cards and gifts from friends.  I sure love Brady!  Happy 30th Brady Boo!



No comments:

Post a Comment