Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Jackson's First Week of School

It was so exciting to fly into Sacramento last minute, buying my flight at Burbank airport, then renting a car and driving over to my friend's new place.  It felt like Christmas morning when I woke up, ready to pick him up for his first day of school.  I wanted to take him to breakfast but there weren't too many options near us.  I walked up to his classroom with him so early, so we walked around the school.  He showed me everything from where they play, where they eat, where his last teacher's class was and then his teacher got there so we said goodbye for a few hours.  I came back to his school to take him to lunch at a park.  We hung out for lunch and I took him back.  I picked him up from school and we hung out for the rest of the day going to the mall, jumping on the indoor trampoline, jamba juice, toys r us and dinner.  












The next day I picked him up for school, I got him starbucks for a bagel for breakfast and then walked him to his class. I asked him what he wanted to do for lunch and he asked me on a date at his cafeteria.  So I came to his cafeteria and we had lunch.  I wasn't feeling so well, so I didn't eat much but it was still fun because I got to hang out with Jackson and his buddies.  He told me all about the allergy section, why girls sit on the other table of the boys, who was in his class the year prior, ya know, just normal kids stuff.  We played during recess and then he asked if I could stay to help in class so I asked his teacher.  She was fine with me helping with back to school night.  I had fun putting together folders and being in the room with Jackson.  He kept coming over to me, giving me hugs and introducing me to everyone in his class.  He kept telling everyone I taught him how to surf.  It was really cute and fun.






When I came back to get Jackson from school, I surprised him with going to a place that you can rent SUP and kayaks.  I was already showing but didn't want to tell Jackson yet that I was pregnant so I got a bathing suit that would hide it, bought one for Jackson and 
Jackson did not want to get out so it took me a while to  get him out in time.  We hurried over to his two hour soccer practice, TWO HOURS, so long, but it was so fun watching him play.  I sat next to the assistant coach who was sitting out because he hurt his knee.



The next day I picked him up for breakfast at a donut place and let him pick out what he wanted.  He loved it.  I'm normally not into unhealthy things but hey, it was our last morning I was there with him.

Right after I walked him to his class, I bought him more school clothes because he didn't have any new clothes.  I packed a picnic full of clothes he would like and picked him up for lunch.  We sat with a new blanket I got for him at a park and we ate.  He got really sad near the end and even started crying when it was time to go.  I felt so badly for leaving.  I wish I could have stayed longer.  He cried, then I cried after dropping him off.  I love my sweet little boy and hate that we live so far away during school time.











No comments:

Post a Comment