Tuesday, November 4, 2014

a girl??

The morning after we found out the baby's gender, I woke up with the worst sore throat and cold- probably because I was really cold at the park.  I had two surprises come from good friends of mine that out of the blue asked to bring me something... homemade tomato soup and chai from two separate friends.  It was so sweet and actually made me feel better. I'm so grateful for friends!  I have felt so far away from all my friends I've grown up with so having so many new friends here, it's been so great.  

The next day I felt loads better, to the point where I moved all the chairs, the table in our dining room and started to maybe turn up the music, and possibly dance like I was on a maternity version of So You Think You Can Dance. I think I only pulled of a double, no axles or fuetes, but I did however dance my large bellied-body off.  As I was pumping the music and having the time of my life by myself, I thought... what the heck, I get to have a little girl to do this with -- how lucky I am!  Being a hairstylist a lot of people have thought I would always want to have girls, but truly, it's something that seems kind of scary.  I had two younger sisters and two brothers, but I'm a girly girl with a heart of a tomboy.  I don't do the big bows, the hot magenta pink, the tutus, the ruffles, the over-done polka dots, but I do do the braids and beachy kind of style for girls.  I want our girls to be tough, brave, confident, anything but sissy, but love the ocean.  Having Jackson first makes me feel like a boy-mom.  All of our names are very boyish but we are completely okay with it.  





(my sister took these two years ago when Jack and I were playing in the water, I love them!)

Brady told me to go out to the store and buy girly clothes.  I am not a shopper, so this didn't sound fun.  I had a doctor's appointment next to a huge open mall so I walked around, just looking at the girls sections and managed to find about 7 new outfits.  They all look straight-lines, bohemian and one floral jumpsuit.  It was pretty fun... then I walked into Anthro and saw this collection, and held back for now... but oh my book-loving self wants a pretty collection for this little miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment