Friday, February 6, 2015

Pre-Valentines Weekend

I registered at The Land of The Nod and Buy Buy Baby but am having a hard time finding the colors I really like for this baby's nursery.  Since we are in a small space for now, she won't have her own room so there isn't a big rush to decorate it but I did at least want to make her a quilt.  I am into neon peach and mint green for her... maybe someday I'll second guess why I chose these colors like I did for Jackson's room nine years ago with blue, brown and navy but then again they were the colors that were in back then.  It was fun going to anthropologie, paper source and downtown LA for fabric to create inspiration for it all.  This triangle quilt won't be easy but I'm excited to do some labor of love.  One of my strongest love languages is service so since I don't work as much as I use to, this fills in that space.

Jackson came into town and we were so excited.  I had all my sewing stuff out on the kitchen table so I told Jackson I wanted to teach him how to sew.  He was against it on the drive back from the airport saying it was too girly, but once I showed him how to, he LOVED it.  I had him practice on the scraps from his blanket I made him last year.  He was hooked.  We made a headband next, then we planned out the rest we were going to sew the next day.


I went into his room to see if he was asleep and tuck him in, and this is how I found him.  All that sewing wiped him out.

Saturday we sewed all morning.  He made pajama pants, felt monsters, handmade valentines out of felt and he even helped me with the quilt.  He said, "If I get good enough, I want to sell something at Mermade Market for auntie Elise!"

I took him to his first game he had here in South Pas.  He did so good... he even got a basket!  His first basket at a basketball game.  I got it on video but am the worst with technology so I don't know how to upload it here.

Brady and I took Jackson to Universal Studios for the night.  They pushed me around in the wheelchair.  We went to shows, they went on Jurassic Park three times because it was so empty.  After we grabbed dinner and rented a movie.

Jackson's class spent some time writing down names, submitting names for this baby girl.  It was the cutest thing we have ever seen.  The names on both pages were hilarious... Mary Poppins, LaLa, Starleenna, Firework, Snowflake, Mertle. 

On Sunday we had church, watched a movie, walk along Palos Verdes with other families, and we worked on the valentines he wanted to give to his classmates.





On Monday Brady had to work so we sewed a little in the morning and then drove to Disneyland!
He pushed me in the wheelchair and loved it.  



I so don't like that he had to go on rides by himself 
but he got on the rides pretty quickly having me in a wheelchair.  
We went over to the Frozen Snow-play area and it wasn't what it was all cracked up to be but we made the most of it.  

He got VIP services on most of the rides including Space Mountain and loved it.
After Disneyland we drove to Orange County airport and he read to me the whole hour and a half early we were there, waiting for his flight.  It was so hard when we had to say goodbye.  Our days were it's just Jackson as the only child are numbered but our time will always be cherished.  I loved all of our moments together.  He has a phone but doesn't charge it so I can't just call him to tell him I love him that easily.  I got a call that night and he was crying saying how much he has cried since he left.  I wanted to run over there and hold him and tell him everything is going to be okay but a facetime call is all we could do.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment