Saturday, February 1, 2014

February + Northern CA time

Brady and I try to keep a weekly date set aside with no excuses.  
He works so much it can sometimes be impossible, but we do what we can.  
We really like this place called Daisy Mint in Pasadena.
Such good thai food.  For a while there, we would get it once a week to go or to stay.

Since I'm gluten-free completely, I tried my hand at doughnuts made with really nice gf flour.
Let's just say they look 100x better than they tasted.  You never know what you will get when trying to change the ingredients to gluten free.  It can be better than non-gluten free or way worse.


On another date we got dinner and then walked 
around Pasadena Plaza at some antique stores. 

Since we weren't going to be with Jackson for Valentines Day this year, I got all of his little buds to write something to Jackson and then I wrote them all out on hearts, so he could receive a heart-attack.
It was such a tender time since it has been a year since he moved up north.  Not a day goes by when I think of what the judge said that day and how she so easily uprooted a six-year-old to a place he only visited and out of a place he grew up.




We then surprised him and drove up to Folsom to have him for the weekend. He was so so happy and didn't leave my side all weekend.

We took him to the sky zone place in Sacramento where he jumped for hours.




Then we drove to Folsom lake which was completely dry so we could walk out pretty far.


After we packed in some batting cages and arcade.





We dropped him off, which is always not easy. He has me sit next to him whenever we drive to the airport or when we are dropping him off.



No comments:

Post a Comment