Friday, October 24, 2014

Halloween Weekend With Jackson

I am on this super strict diet, per my acupuncturist, so I ventured out to try to make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.  I used my sister-in-law's recipe and tweaked it to be allergy friendly.  They actually turned out really, really good.  Brady thinks I need to make a recipe book -- it would be fun if I did but maybe down the road.
Jackson came into town and we were so excited about it!  We got dinner at Cafe Rio by LAX after seeing his friend Phoenix on the flight and came home.
I had these pajamas ready for him.  He was so tired by the time I took these that he doesn't look like he loves them but I know deep down he actually does.... or maybe this is the last year I can do stuff like this.

In the morning we woke up early and went to Disneyland. 
I wanted Jackson to see all of the Halloween decorations before they change it to Christmas. 
Being so pregnant, we went on pregnant-friendly rides together and am glad he was such a good sport about it.  We were able to hit up both parks and made it in time for his soccer game.  





I got him a book about Walt Disney that he loved.  He wants to bring it next time we go and get signitures from the characters.  He would read it aloud to me while we were waiting in line with magic in his eyes.  It was pretty cute and fun!

swollen cankles much? 






They smoked the other team with Jackson getting 3 of the 8 goals his team scored.  Near the end of the game we were cheering on the other team to score or run faster but our boys were just a little bigger than the other team. 

We headed over to the Pumpkin Patch close by after the game and Jackson picked out a HUGE pumpkin. We relaxed when we got home, finally, before getting ready for the church Trunk or Treat.  Jackson went as the color red?, Brady as Bob Ross and me as "Happy Tree"  We found that people in our ward that were born in the 90's had no idea who were were, or maybe they didn't watch PBS.  Jackson had fun trunk or treating and running around with his buddies.







How much does Jackson look like my little brother Blake? 

We came home and watched E.T. with the girls while Brady fell asleep downstairs.


On Sunday we went to church, had a yummy lunch and carved the pumpkin Jackson picked out. 
We had such a fun weekend.  We sure wish we could go trick or treating here in South Pasadena with him next week.  He still hasn't been able to with timing.  He would love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment