Monday, October 27, 2014

The Price is Right

My best friend Jessica and I got tickets to go to the Price is Right.
We use to watch it when we four and five, guessing all of the products and getting excited over the showcase. 

I woke up at 5:30, drove over to the Grove, took a nap in the car while I waited for Jessica.  I got us breakfast and brought it to her in line where she met me.  We went inside and had to go through line, after line, waiting. We then got interviewed and we tried to be as outgoing as we are but were sitting next to a guy that wasn't outgoing, only when were we being interviewed.  He told the interviewer that he was a Veteran.  We waited another hour sitting next to this guy talking to him.  He said if we go up, he will come celebrate with us for the showcase, or if he goes up, he wanted us to be there as his family since he came alone.  

We got seated near the front, and had high hopes we would be able to get on (at least one of us).  The set itself was sort of cheap-looking and very 70's.  It was so small and not what you would expect.  We had to stand and clap, and help with people that got called up.  The last person getting called up was Robert, the guy sitting next to us!  He got onto the showcase!  We couldn't believe it. He ended up winning the whole showcase.  It was nuts!  So exciting. We ended up not going up there actually because it just was not feeling right but it was fun watching our buddy win.  I don't know if we will do it again anytime soon, but it was sure an experience.  The show won't air until January 12 at 10 am.  I am sure you will see me and Jessica a lot of the show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment