Monday, October 13, 2014

Soccer, UCLA game + Fishing

Since I'm the team mom for Jackson's soccer team, the Crushers, I take more snacks since the moms forget but I don't mind!  My doctors want me to take it easy so I get bored just sitting around all day.  I put these together for the team and loved it.  The boys are just about that age where this isn't cool anymore but, hey, I'll take this little time I can to be that cheesy mom.
Right after his soccer game, his friend Ryder met us to drive over to the Rose Bowl. It was a warm, warm day.  We played the Oregon Ducks.

Jack's first college football game. 
We got killed but it was a fun game regardless.

On Sunday night we made a non-sugary haunted house.  We decorated it for hours and Jackson did all the decorating and artistic design, and I just built the base.  Brady helped with the witch's broom.





On Monday, we organized a fishing trip.  It was Brady's birthday gift to Jackson and Jackson was sooooo excited.  He woke up really early because he was so excited.  We got IHOP and hurried over to Newport.  The boat was filled with men, kids and only 4 women.  Jackson and Brady were in HEAVEN.

Getting the bait ready - fresh squid

Jackson's first fish, and it happened within two minutes of throwing the line in there.

I was pretty sick with the rocking, the smell of fish, the smell of men in general and the smell of the food cooking so I mostly stayed up top and occasionally a woman or two would come up and lay down on the benches next to me.  It was the perfect view so when they would try a different spot, I was on it.



Between Brady and Jackson, they caught 7-8 fish each.  Only one of them was over 12 inches so the rest they had to throw back in.  It was a cool high to see my little guy turning into a man right in front of my eyes.





of course Jackson made friends with the boys that were all close to his age.  The last hour he fished with the boys, next to where Brady was fishing.






Showing me what was in his burlap bag



Here's the big mackerel!


He was pretty satisfied with his fish.
After we went to pita jungle and Jackson dozed off a little.  He worked so hard reeling in the fish and getting up when it was still dark.

On Sunday we had the primary program and here's some pictures after it.
His friend Cameron and him.




We had a great weekend like always. 
Just love our little bud.








No comments:

Post a Comment